Hyphae and Mycelium are the only True Dry Rot fungus and have the unfortunate ability to grow through (not merely over) damp porous masonry in search of further cellulose based materials (such as timber) to feed on.
Eradication usually involves extensive removal of plaster, masonry sterilisation, replacement of timbers and the removal of actual and potential sources of moisture ingress.
ALL actual and potential sources can include:
- Rising dampness
- Defective rainwater goods or plumbing (both internal and external)
- Uncapped projections, e.g. chimneys
- Defective external rendered and pointing
- Faulty roof coverings or flashings
- Incorrect falls to balconies or flat roofs
- You should also always ensure that you have adequate subfloor ventilation
Have a look at our video showing the eradication of Dry Rot from a property in Eastbourne.
All Dry Rot works are covered by a 15 year guarantee.
We can offer an Insurance backed guarantee through the GPI for these works.